Translate

Thursday 27 February 2014

THREE STEPS FROM PAIN TO PURPOSE



I want to share with you today what Tony Gaskins Jnr Shared with me, so i will humbly ask you to read through carefully. Tony writes,

I've had some tough times in life, and in each struggle I ask the same questions. Why me? How long will this last? What will it teach me? Life is known for testing you, then teaching you. It's the opposite of how we were taught in school. I've gone from test to test all of my life, and I'm sure you have too. I guess it's just the way it goes. I've learned some valuable lessons in my few years on Earth, and amongst those lessons one really echoes; turn pain into purpose! If you have to go through it at least get something out of it. There's a lesson in every struggle. 

Step 1: Understand why it's happening to you. I know that may sound unfair, but the truth is that it's happening to you because you can handle it. Life happens to us all, but to each is a share that's meant to strengthen, not kill. Remember all the times you didn't see a way out but yet you made it anyways. It was blind faith and instinct that brought you through it every time. If it happened to your best friend, it could have killed them. If it had happened to your enemy it still would have hurt you. Your problems are put on your plate because you can swallow them. 

Step 2: Get a lesson from it. Life is a great teacher, so let her have her perfect way. When the struggle hits don't focus on the pain, focus on the purpose. Life has an interesting way of handing out valuable lessons. Sometimes we bring them on by our actions, and sometimes life just happens to us. As you've heard before: it's not what happens, it's how you respond that matters most. Look the pain in the face and smile back at it. Don't let it beat you. Let it teach you. Life is meant to be lived, not to be survived. And life is survival of the wisest. Get a lesson instead of stressing. 

Step 3: Turn the pain into purpose. If it happened to you it was so you could help someone else get through it next. As we live we should learn, and as we learn we should teach. Some of the greatest teachers are those who decided to teach from the hard lessons life taught them. Some of the greatest inventions were made from a struggle. Adversity should breed creativity. Your pain may birth your non-profit organization that will serve a group in need. Your pain may birth a book that will change lives. Your pain may breed creativity that could inspire a nation or change the world. Take it from me. I'm not writing you some fluff on a page. I'm writing from my pain and my purpose. I made choices and life made me pay for them every time. In that pain I learned lessons and I began to share them. Today I have a message that organically reaches up to 20,000,000 people a week. My pain birthed my purpose and my message has spread over 80 countries. It's taken me to South Africa to speak to crowds of 4,000-5,000 plus. It's allowed me to make a living while making a difference. 

Don't just let life happen to you. Do something about it!
Courtesy Tony Gaskins Jnr.

No comments:

Post a Comment