Translate

Thursday 12 April 2018

CHASING THE WIND

 *I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.*

Ecclesiastes 1:14

There are three words or phrases that are key to understanding Ecclesiastes. First, Solomon writes that, ‘ *Everything is meaningless* ’ The second phrase is ‘ *under the sun* .’ Here the writer looks at life as only what he can see, touch, feel, smell and hear. The third phrase says that his pursuit of meaning is like ‘ *chasing the wind* .’

Ecclesiastes could have been written today. When people try to make sense of life without God, we can only come to one honest conclusion: ‘ *Everything is meaningless* .’

We are left to create an artificial sense of meaning and purpose as the writer says he did, through wine, work, silver and gold, good food, plenty of sex, only to conclude, ‘I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. ... Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun’ (Ecclesiastes 2:10-11).

It is only at the end of the book he wakes up to the truth: ‘Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: *Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind* ’(Ecclesiastes 12:13.) That alone gives lasting meaning!

 *_The hard truth is that we cannot make sense of life without God._ *

What are you pursuing to find meaning? Is it things of the physical world or the things of God?

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, please help me to be a Heavenly minded Christian in Jesus mighty name.....Amen.

http://www.solidrockchapel.org/site
Facebook Page: Ambassadors for Christ@solidrockchapelint
Email: solidrockchapel.cityoffaith@gmail.com
+233277605065

BELOVED IN CHRIST, SINCERELY CHASE AFTER GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment